The characteristics and application of stamping processing
Stamping production relies on molds and presses to complete the machining process. Compared with other processing methods, it has the following technical and economic characteristics:
(1) The dimensional accuracy of the stamping parts is derived from the mold and has the same characteristics, so the quality is stable and the interchangeability is good.
(2) Since it is processed by a mold, it is possible to obtain a part that is thin or light, has good rigidity, high surface quality, and complicated shape, which is impossible or difficult to manufacture by other processing methods.
(3) Stamping processing generally does not require heating of the blank, nor does it cut a large amount of metal like cutting, so it not only saves energy, but also saves metal.
(4) For ordinary presses, dozens of pieces per minute can be produced, and high-speed presses can produce hundreds of thousands of pieces per minute. So it is a rate processing method.
Since the stamping process has the above-mentioned outstanding features, it is widely used in various fields of the national economy. For example, aerospace, machinery, electronic information, transportation, weapons, household appliances and light industry have stamping processing. Not only is it widely used in the industry, but everybody is directly connected to stamping products every day. Stamping can be used to manufacture small precision parts in watches and instruments, as well as large covers for automobiles and tractors. Stamping materials can use ferrous metals, non-ferrous metals, and certain non-metallic materials.
The shortcomings of stamping also have some shortcomings, mainly manifested in noise and vibration during stamping processing. These problems are not entirely due to the stamping process and the mold itself, but mainly due to the backwardness of traditional stamping equipment. With the advancement of science and technology, these two kinds of public nuisances will surely be solved.
Stamping processing is a kind of metal processing method. It is based on the plastic deformation of metal. Under normal temperature conditions, the mold and stamping equipment are used to apply pressure to the sheet material to plastically deform or separate the sheet material. Shape, size, and performance parts (stamping)
Stamping is a processing method that applies external force to plates, strips, tubes, and profiles by punching and die to plastically deform or separate them to obtain a workpiece of a desired shape and size. Pressing is generally divided into cold stamping and heat. Calcined two, hot calcination is generally used less, usually said metal stamping refers to cold punching, cold punching refers to the metal stamping performed at room temperature, cold punching is summarized into two categories: forming process and separation Process.
1. The separation process is a stamping in which the sheets are separated by a certain contour to obtain a certain shape, size, and cut surface. Separation process points: blanking, punching, cutting, trimming, etc.
2. The forming process is a stamping in which the blank is plastically deformed without breaking, thereby obtaining a certain shape and size. The forming process is divided into: drawing, flanging, shaping, turning, bending, and the like.